La Wilson’s art draws the eye to the many ordinary, tiny objects we need to function but don’t really pay attention to: buttons, pencils, corks, belt buckles, batteries, car keys and clothespins, to name a few. Wilson assembles her constructions by trial and error, using objects that appeal to her, accumulated at places like flea markets and antique shops. See more on the video below, and on the website of the John Davis Gallery, which represents her.
La Wilson: Every Little Thing
What do you think? Cancel reply
- The Multiple Pleasures of the Venice Biennale #art #travel wp.me/p2ilxB-4nI 2 weeks ago
- RT @designboom: 387 tiny model houses found mysteriously in a junk shop reconstruct history of architecture: designboom.com/art/the-387-ho… http://… 2 weeks ago
- Toronto watercourses, at night, electrified by the city. #photography via @AndrewEmond wp.me/p1IwvW-522 2 weeks ago
- Dominique Fortin's Mues Show: Unique & Dreamlike @ThompsonLandry #art #toronto wp.me/p1IwvW-54t 1 month ago
- Sidestreet in Cappadocia #sketchbook #travel wp.me/p1KbDr-2ho 1 month ago